Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Funday- Christmas Village






Courtesy of Koziar's Website

So... I know it's a lil early for a Christmas post but I couldn't resist. Saturday night I visited Koziar's Christmas Village in Pennsylvania with my mom, 2 sisters, and Benjamin my nephew.  We got there right as the sun was setting and by the time we got out of the car it was dark- perfect time to get there!  It's crazy because we were driving on this backroad following the GPS and then all of a sudden we came over the hill and *boom* it's the biggest light display I've ever seen. It just came out of nowhere and never having been there I had no idea it was coming- it was really impressive!

Once we bought our tickets we went inside and got hot chocolate and tea and coffee and we were ready to walk through the light display.  When we got there the parking lot seemed to be pretty full to me even thought it just opened a half hour before we got there! But once we were inside I found that there was plenty of space for everyone to see the attractions without feeling like you were on top of other families. There's the light walk that takes you on a windy walk through the whole light display.  Going into it I wasn't sure what exactly to expect but I thought it was the perfect place to bring children!  I love Christmas- I love the decorations, the lights, the music, the cookies, the family togetherness.... I love it all. I especially love Christmas because to me it's not just one day, its the season. I love seeing peoples houses decorated with lights, the mall decorated, and I love decorating my own home and cooking yummy food!  We had a great time seeing all of the light displays but even more than that there were hand painted signs depicting all different characters from Snoopy and the gang to Sesame Street to the whole story of The Grinch and more.  They also had areas for Christmases in Egypt to Indians and even a life size nativity display.  There were also buildings with windows you could look into to see different scenes from the firehouse to the reindeer barn and even a Wizard of Oz display!  That one was a my favorite- I LOVE The Wizard of Oz.  More about that another day though. hehe.
Everything that was for sale here was so reasonably priced.  I was so surprised- usually once you're in an attraction like this the prices go up and the quality goes down but here it was quite the opposite. All the food and drinks were reasonably priced- priced at what they should be I thought! My sister Theresa bought chocolate covered peanuts and chocolate covered graham crackers and wow... they were amazing. The chocolate that they used was such good quality it really made for a good snack while we were walking around. Then we found a shop with all different animal hats- ha it was great! 

My sister Lizzy-Leapard hat and Me- Polar Bear hat! 
Benjamin will be 2 in February but just because he's young doesn't mean he didn't love it here. Just seeing all the lights is impressive to all ages if you ask me. Besides the lights and seeing the different animals and characters all along the walk he loved the trains! They had a few buildings that you could look into with running trains but there was an outdoor train set up that he was thrilled with!
My favorite picture of the day! 
Me and Benjamin watching the trains!
Marn and Benjamin watching the train go by
Benjamins favorite part of the train track- the barn, cows, and tractor hehe
He loves it :)

There were also cut outs perfect for photo ops and characters to meet. Benny liked the bear and Rudolph until he got close to them.
Benjamin looking into the candy shoppe window
Benny doesn't like the bear anymore
Mommy and Benny!

Cioci Theresa and Benny!
Benny dropping coins into the wishing well
Me as the Winter Witch hehe- idk what it is but thats what I thought lol



What a fun night!  The drive was about an hour and a half for us to get here but we spent about 3 hours going through everything!  Now I am definitely in the Christmas spirit. Jason actually had to talk me out of putting up our tree today. I can't help it, I love this time of the year!  There's so much to be thankful for!  Life is great- its important to remember that. No matter what is going on in your life there is always something to be grateful for- focus on those things instead of the negative things that are troubling you.  By focusing on the negative things you give them fuel to get worse. Instead why not be happy and positive and focus on the good things?  Christmas is on my happy list and now when I think of it I can remember this night too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment