Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


Home early on a snow day all safe and sound in my kitchen listening to Christmas music (don't judge me) and smelling the aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip peanut butter cup cookies. I honestly couldn't get home fast enough to make these.  This is a recipe that I got from my good friend Ree Drummond aka the Pioneer Woman... actually Ree and I have never met but in my eyes we are best friends lol luv ya Ree! She made these cookies on an episode of Pioneer Woman and I had to try them simply because I didn't believe they could be as easy as she said.  Well I should never doubt a friend because these cookie are the easiest thing I've ever made and they are unbelievably delicious!

Here is the link to her RECIPE.  But below I'm going to show you how I just whipped up 32 nuggets of peanut butter deliciousness.

Starts off with store bought cookie dough!  Ree even says that homemade dough never comes out quite as good. I prefer to use plain peanut butter cookie dough but everywhere I went only had chocolate chip peanut butter so I changed the name of my recipe n moved on ha. I took the already pre-made squares of dough and cut them in half and just dropped them into mini muffin tins. I know- such hard work for this recipe ;)

Then bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.  Mine baked for 8 minutes today. You want to bake them up until they start to brown. As the cookies are baking get started taking the wrappers off the peanut butter cups.


As soon as the cookies come out of the oven stick a peanut butter cup right in the center.  I let mine sit for a minute or so to set and then spooned them out and onto a plate to cool!  I will be honest- I did eat one but in my defense everything in moderation is fine and I can't serve my family a dessert I haven't tried! What if it was bad?! hehe


These are almost too simple... I feel like I should be writing another step but really- thats it!!!
If you're scrambling for a quick 'cookie party' recipe or something to bring to Thanksgiving tomorrow this is the cookie. They're so yummy no one will even think to question you because their mouths will be full with your cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment